Doing Taxes after discharge

  • 1 Replies


  • Guest
Doing Taxes after discharge
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:48:41 PM »
My wife and I have been living off of a tight budget for the last year and I just got a letter back from my trustee saying I owe the government almost $4000 in taxes.
We don't have $4000 to give the government for taxes as I just came out of bankruptcy (discharged in April 2009). I do have mortgage interest that I could claim for income tax and a significant amount of charitable donations. My trustee said that I could not claim these however, I was wondering if my wife might be able to claim them. The title to the mortgage was in my name though.
As far as the $4000 dollars goes is there any way to make payments towards that? Any advice or help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.



  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • 379
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Doing Taxes after discharge
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:51:13 AM »
Hi Daylo,

I don't think you can get a very specific answer here on the forum, as even if we knew more about your tax issues, we don't know how your bankruptcy has affected, or ought to have affected, what you owe.

What I can tell you, though, is that if you in fact owe RevCan $4000 and intend to pay it, RevCan has been known to make helpful payment arrangements with taxpayers. I myself owed $8,000 at one point, and the representative on the phone broke it up into 8 monthly payments (with interest, of course).

Best of luck,


Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5