Help:Can't find discharge papers

  • 1 Replies


  • Guest
Help:Can't find discharge papers
« on: October 21, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
My brother went bankrupt in 1991 when the gov't pulled one of its programs.
He is in construction & due to problems with his past jobs found himself in dire straights again. He has been paying his bills but his bank that had his overdraft & Mastercard put all he owed together & now is demanding payment by next Mon or they will foreclose on house (he has a private lender for mtg.).
He went to a different trustee & they found that his previous trustee never filed his discharge with the gov't ( or the gov't can't find it). He called his prior trustee & they said they get rid of files after 3yrs.
His new trustee was going to consolidate & make an offer to his creditors (except his mtg lender) to postpone the foreclosure but now can't without the discharge.
what can he do before he loses his house?.
His house has been on the market for a bit & is actively trying to sell it but now this. any & all advice asap would be appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:41:07 PM by gypsey »



  • Full Member
  • ***
  • 169
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Help:Can't find discharge papers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »
have you tried to call the superintendent of bankruptcy office, they  should have  something in file. weird trustee!


Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5